Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January Reads

I'm going to try and post at the beginning of each month a handful of book releases I am looking forward to. (I know. I know. I said I was going to do this last year and I failed. Miserably!! But I aim to be better in 2017.) The hope is that I get around to reading these titles too. Maybe these posts will help you round out your TBR lists or fit a #26BOOKS prompt you have yet to fill.


Lucian Divine by Carlino (Jan 7th) - "Evelyn Casey's life is at a standstill. She's in her mid-twenties, struggling with the dating scene in San Francisco. Nothing seems to be working out, and she’s starting to think that she’ll live out her days in her crummy apartment with her overbearing roommate, Brooklyn. It's absurd, but sometimes Evey longs for a guardian angel to show up and save the day. And then he does." // Carlino is a one-click author for me. I have loved every single one of her books. I will be devouring this read this week while it storms outside. My kind of Heaven! 

Could work for: Published this year, With an epic romance, You choose because of the cover, Reputation for being "un-put-down-able," You can finish in a day



The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Johnson (Jan 10th) - "The wealthy enclaves north of San Francisco are not the paradise they appear to be, and nobody knows this better than the students of a local high school. Despite being raised with all the opportunities money can buy, these vulnerable kids are navigating a treacherous adolescence in which every action, every rumor, every feeling, is potentially postable, shareable, viral. Johnson’s kaleidoscopic narrative exposes at every turn the real human beings beneath the high school stereotypes." // My own children will be entering an environment very similar to this one soon and I am all too aware of the inescapable influence social media has (will have) on them. I am intrigued to see how it all plays out in this fictionalized form.

Could work for: With yellow on the cover, Published this year, Outside of your comfort zone, Reputation for being "un-put-down-able




Carve the Mark by Roth (Jan 17th) - "On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?" // My admiration of Roth's Divergent series is no secret. I absolutely fell in love with the reality she created and the characters she shared. And then she devastated me with the final book. So, while I am thoroughly excited to see where her creative mind takes me next, the Fangirl in me is proceeding with caution! CLICK HERE to read the first chapter for free.

Could work for: About a place/time you wished you lived, Published this year, In a genre you generally avoid, Set in the future
By Your Side by West (31st) - "When Autumn Collins finds herself accidentally locked in the library for an entire weekend, she doesn’t think things could get any worse. But that’s before she realizes that Dax Miller is locked in with her. Autumn doesn’t know much about Dax except that he’s trouble." // Booknerd gets locked in the library with hot jock for the weekend? This book is bound to be full of ridiculous stereotypes and cheesy moments and that is exactly why I want to read it.

Could work for: You can finish in a day, Published this year, With an epic romance, Takes place someplace warm (they are bound to heat up that library, right?!) 







I hope you enjoy these titles! If you read any of them, please come back and leave a comment on your thoughts...I'd love to hear them. What books are you looking forward to reading soon?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...